M-Audio Hammer 88 - Getting Started with Skoove
M-Audio’s new Hammer 88 is an affordable, fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard for professional and semi-pro players or students looking for a realistic grand piano feel to use with virtual instruments or sound modules. This guide will show you how to get started using your Hammer 88 with Skoove.
- Getting started with Skoove Basic
- Setting up the Hammer 88 with Skoove
- Activating your free trial of Skoove Premium
- Additional Resources
- Further Technical Support
Skoove Basic is free for users wanting to learn how to play the piano. Your M-Audio Hammer 88 comes with a 3-month free trial of Skoove Premium, which will be discussed later in this article. But if you'd like to get started with the free Basic version of Skoove, follow the steps below to get started.
- Click here to go to the Skoove website
- Click the green START NOW button.
- The following sign up window will appear. Sign in using your name, email, and password, or using your Facebook account.
- When signing up with your email, you will receive an email requesting you confirm your email address. It will look like the following email.
- Click Confirm Email.
After confirming your email, it will open the Skoove website in a separate window. Click Select a Course. Plug the Hammer 88 into an available USB port on your computer and follow the instructions below to set up your Hammer 88 with Skoove.
- Click Learn next to "Beginner Course 1".
- Click Learn next to "Get In Touch With Skoove".
- The next window will have two options. Click Go to Keyboard Setup.
- The next screen will have you choose which type of keyboard you are using. Select USB or MIDI Keyboard.
- The next page will detect the Hammer 88 automatically. Click OK.
- Skoove will have you press the outermost left and right keys on the Hammer 88. Once you have done so, click Save.
- Lastly, Skoove will have you select which configuration fits your setup. Click Keyboard Controller.
You are now completely setup with your Hammer 88 and Skoove.
Activating your 3-month free trial of Skoove Premium is very simple. Follow the directions below for help with activating your free trial
- Login to your Skoove account.
- Move your mouse over the gear icon at the top left-hand corner of the screen, and click Account Settings.
- On the next page, scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen. There is a field that says Enter Coupon. Enter the code located on the Skoove information card included with your Hammer 88.
*NOTE* Skoove requires you to enter your credit card information prior to activating your free trial. Skoove will send you an email prior to the expiration of your free trial, should you choose to end your subscription.
For more guides and videos related to the Hammer 88, check out our knowledge base page at the link below:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.